Zan Bunn was first elected as President of the NC Federation of Republican Women (NCFRW) in 2013 and was re-elected in 2015. Previously, she served two terms as Capital Region VP. She served three terms as Wake RW President and one term as First VP. She also served as Chair of NCFRW Committees: Membership Research & Recruitment, GOTV and New Media. She has served on the NFRW Board of Directors, as well as Legislative and Bylaws Committees.
In the North Carolina Republican Party, Zan currently serves as Chair of the 2nd Congressional District; she previously served as Chair of the 13th and 4th Districts. She’s been an elected member of the state Executive and Central Committees for many years, as well as Delegate/Alternate to the 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016 Republican National Conventions. She has long-served in her local county party, from volunteer to precinct secretary to supporting GOP clubs. In both RW and in NCGOP, Zan has volunteered for scores of candidates, especially judges. In 2013, Zan was awarded the J. E. Broyhill Award, the highest statewide award bestowed upon an individual for lifetime grassroots activism.
Zan is a lifelong Republican and a native of the Triangle. In her professional life, Zan does consulting, mainly computer training and computer consulting, and is a skilled and professional presenter in the Triangle area/Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill. Her alma mater is Meredith College where she earned a BA in History/Political Science. She’s a lifetime member of the NRA. Find her on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram @zanbunn! email@example.com www.ncfrw.com
"Freedom is not the sole prerogative of a chosen few, but the universal right of all God's children." Ronald Reagan, 1985
Come and be a winner!
OUR DECEMBER PROGRAM
NC Federation of Republican Women
2017 RWCSW Executive Board
President: Cathy Fanslau
acting VP of Programs: Toni Mascherin
VP of Membership: Margaret Confalone
Treasurer: Sheila Risk
Corresponding Secretary: Ginny Suever
Recording Secretary: Tony Mascherin
Why We Are Here!
We enjoy each other’s company during our luncheon meetings, of course, but it was brought to my attention that it was time to reiterate the reason for our existence. So here is our mission statement, which you can also find on the first page of our bylaws.
Thank you all for being part of our club!
The Republican Women of Cary and Southwest Wake County
A member club of the National Federation of Republican Women
The purpose of the club’s membership shall be to:
1. Increase the effectiveness of women in the cause of good government.
[2. Disseminate information to all State Federations and local units. NFRW]
3. Inform the public through political education and activity.
4. Foster loyalty to the Republican Party at all levels of government.
5. Promote the principles of the Republican Party.
6. Work for Republican candidates in all elections, including nonpartisan elections.
7. Support the objectives and policies of the Republican National Committee.
8. Perform any lawful activity not inconsistent with the foregoing..
President Cathy Fanslau with the Vietnam War Era helicopter at the November NCFRW meeting in Cary!
2017 Executive Board
FOR THE FILL THE FOOTLOCKER PROGRAM IN DECEMBER PLEASE BRING:
Gift cards for military families for Christmas.
Suggestions: grocery, stores (such as Kohl's, Target, Walmart), gas stations, Amazon
You can also donate online:
2017 General Meetings at Prestonwood CC
December 7 - Installation of New Club Officers
The next Republican Women of Cary & Southwestern Wake luncheon will be held on Thursday, December 7, at Prestonwood Country Club in Cary.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE NOTE NEW TIMES!
Check-in and social time begin at 11:15 AM, with lunch starting at 11:45 AM.
Please have your checks to "RWC" ready to speed up the registration process.
Starting the meeting 15 minutes earlier will give our excellent speakers more time with you!
1. The cost of lunch FOR DECEMBER is $25 for members and guests. You can pay by cash or check to RWC. It will help expedite check-in if you have a check or exact change.
2. The cost of membership is $35.00. If you're planning to attend the luncheon, you can write a single check for $60.00.
3. Reply early to guarantee yourself a seat as our club's membership has exceeded the room's capacity. If we reach capacity we will start a wait list. if your plans change, let us know ASAP so we can accommodate others that may be waiting for a seat.
Please RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org.