Why We Are Here!
We enjoy each other’s company during our luncheon meetings, of course, but it was brought to my attention that it was time to reiterate the reason for our existence. So here is our mission statement, which you can also find on the first page of our bylaws.
Thank you all for being part of our club!
The Republican Women of Cary and Southwest Wake County
A member club of the National Federation of Republican Women
The purpose of the club’s membership shall be to:
1. Increase the effectiveness of women in the cause of good government.
[2. Disseminate information to all State Federations and local units. NFRW]
3. Inform the public through political education and activity.
4. Foster loyalty to the Republican Party at all levels of government.
5. Promote the principles of the Republican Party.
6. Work for Republican candidates in all elections, including nonpartisan elections.
7. Support the objectives and policies of the Republican National Committee.
8. Perform any lawful activity not inconsistent with the foregoing..
FOR THE FILL THE FOOTLOCKER PROGRAM IN JANUARY PLEASE BRING:
Special request for our homeless veterans:
Gallon zip-lock bags and toilet paper
You can also donate online:
"Freedom is not the sole prerogative of a chosen few, but the universal right of all God's children." Ronald Reagan, 1985
OUR JANUARY PROGRAM
Sr. Vice President
John Locke Foundation
Residence: Youngsville, North Carolina
Hometown: McLeansville, North Carolina
College: Appalachian State University
Graduate: University of South Carolina
Jon is Senior Vice President at the John Locke Foundation, a free-market, think tank in North Carolina. Over a 30-year career, in which he has held executive leadership and senior management positions, Pritchett has worked for variety of companies in the sports, media and entertainment industries. From 2009 to 2016, Mr. Pritchett was the president of a Chicago-based, sports advisory and investment banking firm he co-founded. From 2009 to 2010, Mr. Pritchett was Vice Chairman of French West Vaughn, the largest, privately-held, public relations firm in the Southeast. From 2003 to 2009, Mr. Pritchett was CEO of AstroTurf USA where he oversaw the turnaround of the company, taking the AstroTurf brand out of bankruptcy to an industry leadership position.
Previously, Jon was COO of Team Sports Entertainment, Inc., a publicly traded company and President of Scheer Sports, a sports marketing company in Charlotte focused on team, league and stadium ownership, development and management. Mr. Pritchett also spent four years at IMG College as VP of National Sales and served as the Assistant Recruiting Coordinator at the University of South Carolina.
Pritchett also writes on the intersection of free markets, business, sport and leadership. His work has been published in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Federalist, Washington Examiner, USA Today, Charlotte Observer, and Durham Herald Sun, among others. He is the proud father of four and the happily married husband of Joan. When he’s not working, writing or serving, Jon enjoys the outdoors, hunting, tennis, golf and gardening.
The next Republican Women of Cary & Southwestern Wake luncheon will be held on Thursday, January 11, at Prestonwood Country Club in Cary.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE NOTE NEW TIMES!
Check-in and social time begin at 11:15 AM, with lunch starting at 11:45 AM.
Please have your checks to "RWC" ready to speed up the registration process.
Starting the meeting 15 minutes earlier will give our excellent speakers more time with you!
1. The cost of lunch is $15 for members and $20 for guests. You can pay by cash or check to RWC. It will help expedite check-in if you have a check or exact change.
2. The cost of membership is $35.00. If you're planning to attend the luncheon, you can write a single check for $50.00.
3. Reply early to guarantee yourself a seat as our club's membership has exceeded the room's capacity. If we reach capacity we will start a wait list. if your plans change, let us know ASAP so we can accommodate others that may be waiting for a seat.
Please RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come and be a winner!
The title of Mr. Pritchett's presentation is “The Weaponization of Sports.” The sub title is “The Left has already taken over the arts, education and media; they can’t have sports, too.”
2018 RWCSW Executive Board
President: Cathy Fanslau
VP of Programs: Toni Mascherin
VP of Membership: Margaret Confalone
Treasurer: Sheila Risk
Recording Secretary: Ginny Suever
Corresponding Secretary: Angela Hawkins