JUSTICE BOB EDMUNDS
Senior Associate Justice, Supreme Court of North Carolina
Justice Edmunds graduated with honors from Vassar College in 1971. He received his J.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1975 and his Master of Laws in the Judicial Process (LL.M.) from the University of Virginia School of Law in 2004.
After serving as a line officer in the United States Navy, Justice Edmunds began his legal career as an Assistant District Attorney in Guilford County, North Carolina, and later as an Assistant United States Attorney. In 1986, the President of the United States appointed him United States Attorney for the Middle District of North Carolina, a position he held until 1993. Justice Edmunds then joined the Greensboro firm of Stern & Klepfer, L.L.P. as a partner. While in private practice, he received the highest rating from Martindale-Hubbell and was board certified as a Specialist in State and Federal Criminal Law and as a Specialist in Appellate Practice.
In 1998, he was elected Judge of the North Carolina Court of Appeals. In 2000, he was elected Justice of the Supreme Court of North Carolina and was re-elected in 2008. He is running for re-election in 2016. His campaign web site is www.JusticeEdmunds.com.
By appointment of the Chief Justice of the United States, from 2004 through 2010 Justice Edmunds served as the only state judge on the Federal Criminal Rules Committee of the Judicial Conference of the United States. Justice Edmunds has taught as an adjunct professor at Campbell University School of Law.
Justice Edmunds has been a member of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Appellate Rules Committee since 1993 and also chairs the North Carolina State Bar’s Appellate Law Specialty Committee. He is active in the American Bar Association and was named Chair-elect of that organization’s Appellate Judges Conference at the ABA’s annual meeting in 2016. He previously served as co-Editor of the ABA’s Judges Journal.
Justice Edmunds lives in Greensboro and is married to Linda M. Edmunds. They have two adult sons.
The next Republican Women of Cary & Southwestern Wake luncheon will be held on Thursday, October 6th , at Prestonwood Country Club in Cary.
Check-in and social time begins at 11:30 am, with lunch starting at noon.
1. The cost of lunch is $15 for members and $20 for guests. You can pay by cash or check to RWC. It will help expedite check-in if you have a check or exact change.
2. The cost of membership is $35.00. If you're planning to attend the luncheon, you can write a single check for $50.00.
3. Reply early to guarantee yourself a seat as our club's membership has exceeded the room's capacity. If we reach capacity we will start a wait list. if your plans change, let us know ASAP so we can accommodate others that may be waiting for a seat.
Please RSVP to: email@example.com.
"Freedom is not the sole prerogative of a chosen few, but the universal right of all God's children." Ronald Reagan, 1985
2016 Executive Board
Why We Are Here!
We enjoy each other’s company during our luncheon meetings, of course, but it was brought to my attention that it was time to reiterate the reason for our existence. So here is our mission statement, which you can also find on the first page of our bylaws.
Thank you all for being part of our club!
The Republican Women of Cary and Southwest Wake County
A member club of the National Federation of Republican Women
The purpose of the club’s membership shall be to:
1. Increase the effectiveness of women in the cause of good government.
[2. Disseminate information to all State Federations and local units. NFRW]
3. Inform the public through political education and activity.
4. Foster loyalty to the Republican Party at all levels of government.
5. Promote the principles of the Republican Party.
6. Work for Republican candidates in all elections, including nonpartisan elections.
7. Support the objectives and policies of the Republican National Committee.
8. Perform any lawful activity not inconsistent with the foregoing..
FOR THE FILL THE FOOTLOCKER PROGRAM IN OCTOBER, PLEASE BRING TOOTHBRUSHES, TOOTHPASTE AND AND FLOSS.
OUR PROGRAM IN OCTOBER