The next Republican Women of Cary & Southwestern Wake luncheon will be held on Thursday, November 2, at Prestonwood Country Club in Cary.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE NOTE NEW TIMES!
Check-in and social time begin at 11:15 AM, with lunch starting at 11:45 AM.
Please have your checks to "RWC" ready to speed up the registration process.
Starting the meeting 15 minutes earlier will give our excellent speakers more time with you!
1. The cost of lunch is $15 for members and $20 for guests. You can pay by cash or check to RWC. It will help expedite check-in if you have a check or exact change.
2. The cost of membership is $35.00. If you're planning to attend the luncheon, you can write a single check for $50.00.
3. Reply early to guarantee yourself a seat as our club's membership has exceeded the room's capacity. If we reach capacity we will start a wait list. if your plans change, let us know ASAP so we can accommodate others that may be waiting for a seat.
Please RSVP to: email@example.com.
"Freedom is not the sole prerogative of a chosen few, but the universal right of all God's children." Ronald Reagan, 1985
OUR NOVEMBER PROGRAM
founder and executive director
Military Missions in Action
Michael Dorman is the Founder and Executive Director of Military Missions in Action (MMIA), a non-profit organization committed to assisting veterans with disabilities to achieve independent living while also supporting active servicemen and women and their families. Founded in 2008, the North Carolina-based organization has provided over $10 million in aid to local veterans with the help of more than 2,000 local volunteers.
Dorman’s history in the military, serving 20 years in the U.S. Coast Guard, and years spent as a contractor following his retirement, inspired him to put his skills to use helping fellow veterans.
He has received several awards for his philanthropic efforts including the 2015 Triangle Access Assistance Award, 2013 Fuquay-Varina’s Small Business of the Year, 2012 Presidential Citizens Medal, Order of the Long Leaf Pine, American Association for Affirmative Action 2010 Edward M. Kennedy Community Service Award, and the Fuquay-Varina Chamber of Commerce 2010 Distinguished Service Award.
There are five MMIA Programs:
2017 RWCSW Executive Board
President: Cathy Fanslau
acting VP of Programs: Toni Mascherin
VP of Membership: Margaret Confalone
Treasurer: Sheila Risk
Corresponding Secretary: Ginny Suever
Recording Secretary: Tony Mascherin
FOR THE FILL THE FOOTLOCKER PROGRAM IN November, PLEASE BRING:
A check made out to MMIA to defray their mailing costs or you can donate online:
Imagine serving this at
your holiday party!
Come and be a winner!
2017 General Meetings at Prestonwood CC
November 7 - Municipal Elections all other towns and run-off elections for Raleigh
Why We Are Here!
We enjoy each other’s company during our luncheon meetings, of course, but it was brought to my attention that it was time to reiterate the reason for our existence. So here is our mission statement, which you can also find on the first page of our bylaws.
Thank you all for being part of our club!
The Republican Women of Cary and Southwest Wake County
A member club of the National Federation of Republican Women
The purpose of the club’s membership shall be to:
1. Increase the effectiveness of women in the cause of good government.
[2. Disseminate information to all State Federations and local units. NFRW]
3. Inform the public through political education and activity.
4. Foster loyalty to the Republican Party at all levels of government.
5. Promote the principles of the Republican Party.
6. Work for Republican candidates in all elections, including nonpartisan elections.
7. Support the objectives and policies of the Republican National Committee.
8. Perform any lawful activity not inconsistent with the foregoing..
2017 Executive Board